Sunday, August 24, 2008

Random Thoughts

It has been a dreary day. The sky has been cloudy. The wind has been blowing. The rain has been falling. All in all, a dreary day. Fay has been roaring all over the Florida this past week, and she finally made her way here. Stonewall and Skywalker were excited for the storm, they want to play in the puddles. Unfortunately, though, there wasn't even enough rain for that. To top it all off: because the boys were stuck inside all weekend, my house now looks like a hurricane blew through the inside, instead of outside. I guess this means I'll be cleaning all week long.
To change the subject and move on to happier thoughts, tomorrow is Menu Plan Monday. Last week, we did really good following our menu, except for Monday (we were unexpectedly invited to a family friend's house for supper) and today. We were supposed to have taco salad, but instead, were invited out to lunch after church. Then, we were given a huge pot of delishious homemade chicken noodle soup, so we ate that for supper tonight. I put the meat in the freezer, and we will revisit taco salad in the weeks to come. I already have this weeks meal plan ready, but will wait to post until tomorrow.
We had an awesome church service today. I totally wish I could post Rev's sermons here, because they are sooooo good, but I guess you'll just have to take my word for it instead. He is currently preaching a series about Lorship Salvation. His main point being, that there is No Such Thing as a "carnal christian". There can be no separation between Jesus as Savior and Jesus as Lord. He is BOTH, not just one. Anyway, I just wish you could have heard it! I hope that each of you are involved in a Church that preaches the Word of God and not just self-help fluff. Until tomorrow, Mandy.

No comments: