Monday, August 25, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


Well, here is it once again, Menu Plan Monday, hosted by Laura over at I'm an Organizing Junkie. You really need to check out her website if you haven't seen it before.
Last week, we strayed from our menu plan twice, Monday and Sunday. My goal for this week is to not stray at all! I hope we can do it. For those of you who haven't read my blog before, I am following the low GI diet. Basically, I am eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, and whole grains. I have given up cokes, sugar, and starchy foods for this healthful way of eating(though I must admit that I have cheated several times over the past 5 weeks). I am happy to report that I've lost 9.5 pounds in 5 weeks! I am so excited over that! I would encourage everyone to check out this book!
Here's our Menu Plan (for suppers):
Monday ~ Crockpot Stuffed Bell Peppers , salad (yes, we were supposed to eat this last Monday, but as I said before, we we offered free supper, so we put this off until this week)
Tuesday ~ 15 bean soup, I would LOVE to make these cheesy muffins to go with the soup, but I will resist this temptation for two reasons: 1. I am working, and cannot bake these fresh cheesy muffins while at work; 2. These are NOT low GI diet friendly. TOO BAD, because they look delishious! So instead, we'll have a nice, green salad on the side, and if I'm feeling really generous,some low carb bread toasted with garlic and smart balance light buttery spread.
Wednesday ~ Spinach & Squash Chicken Bake, Boiled New Potatoes
Thursday ~ Leftovers
Friday ~ Spinach Walnut Pesto Salmon with Whole Wheat Penne, Spinach Salad (I made this Spinach Walnut Pesto 2 weeks ago, and need to use it up, so I thought I'd try it on Salmon, Sounds yummy, doesn't it!)
Saturday ~ Dijon Parmesan Chicken (a new use for Fiber One cereal, I can't wait to try it), Zucchini & Tomatoes


Sunday ~ Church's Homecoming, we will be having a HUGE potluch fellowship lunch after church. I am planning on bringing Crockpot Sweet & Sour Pork, Baked Mac & Cheese, and Something Fabulous for dessert (I just haven't decided what yet.) And no, none of this is on my diet, but I have decided that I just have to cheat this day, and I think that God approves, since it's a church function, and all.

No comments: