Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Grilled Turkey Medallions with Spinach-Walnut Pesto

We're changing up the week's menu a little bit already. I got an "HR" at work today, so I've been home with the boys and can cook tonight. (An HR stands for hospital request off, which simply means that our census is down, they had extra people on the schedule that they didn't want to pay, so they "let" me stay home. Of course, I have had to sit by the phone today, just in case they got busy and needed me after all.) Anyway, I decided to postpone the lentil haystacks for another day, and tonight we're having what was planned for wednesday: grilled turkey medallions with spinach walnut pesto over whole wheat spaghetti and a fresh green salad. My plan is to grill the turkey on the George Foreman Grill, which is one of the greatest inventions ever! I just whipped up the pesto, and it smells divine. Here's the recipe:

Spinach-Walnut Pesto
1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
3 cups fresh spinach leaves
1 cup fresh basil leaves
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoon grated Parmesean cheese
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Yields: About a cup

Place walnuts, spinach, basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until it forms a paste. Drizzle in oil slowly until the mixture is all combined and makes loose paste.

Yummy! I can't wait for supper!

No comments: