Monday, August 11, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

OK, I have been doing this new thing, the low GI diet, based off the book by Rick Gallop, "Living the GI Diet". So far, I've been on it for 3 weeks, and have cheated numerous times, including an anniversary dinner at the Melting Pot in Birmingham, AL, which is my new favorite restraunt! Anyway, I am going to start posting my weekly menu, and as I can, the recipes that go with it! So, for the week of August 11-17:
Monday~Rev took Stonewall and Skywalker to Pizza Hut, so I'll make up a quick breakfast burrito when I get home, with egg beaters, reduced-fat cheddar cheese, green onion, tomato, and canadian bacon on a whole wheat tortilla, with a plum on the side.
Tuesday~Lentil Haystacks. This lady on a forum that I frequent has posted about this several times, and we are now trying it. We're having smoked turkey sausage on the side, and serving the lentils over brown rice, then piling on salad toppings to our desire.
Wednesday~Grilled Turkey Medallions with fresh green salad and spinach-walnut pesto (homemade) over whole wheat spaghetti.
Thursday~ Raspberry Chicken with whole wheat couscous and steamed green beans
Friday~ left overs
Saturday~Grilled tilapia, tangy coleslaw (not the creamy kind), and grilled asparagus
Sunday~ Crockpot stuffed bell peppers (made with ground turkey, brown rice, and zucchini) with green salad.

It all sounds great, hopefully, it will all taste as good!

No comments: