Sunday, November 2, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


Another week gone by, and it's once again time for Menu Plan Monday. If you're not familiar with MPM, it is hosted by Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie, you should check it out!
Lask week was good. I do have to admit, Saturday, instead of just making grilled chicken, I tried a new recipe because I had the ingrediants on hand: Parmesean Crusted Chicken, and it was phenomenal! Rev was skeptical at first, but he did like it. Stonewall kinda liked it, but Skywalker wouldn't even try it. . .Oh well, you can't please everyone!
I was a little disappointed with the Crockpot chicken and rice recipe. . .it was a little lacking in flavor, I guess I'm so used to making it with canned cream of mushroom soup? And, it got a little overdone. (I set the crockpot on high for 4 hours, and then it automatically turns to warm. But, Rev didn't know that, and had to leave the house, so he tried to be very helpful and turned the crockpot to low (which reset the timer for an additional 8 hour!) Oops!) The good news, is, when he realized his mistake, we picked up a pizza from Papa Johns with a Whole Wheat crust, just for me!
Anyway, this week is going to be busy, since we have Revival Services at church Sunday through Wednesday.
Monday ~ Crockpot Spicy Black Beans with Turkey Smoked Sausage, Brown Rice, and salad
Tuesday ~ Cornmeal crusted Tilapia with Zucchini and Tomatoes, and green salad
Wednesday ~ Quesadillas made with whole wheat tortillas, leftover spicy black beans and leftover chicken (from last week), southwestern rice (brown rice mixed with black beans and salsa
Friday ~ Leftovers or Pizza night
Saturday ~ Blackbean burgers (using the leftover spicy black beans) on whole wheat buns with spinach, tomato, and co-jack cheese, green salad, baked sweet potato fries
Sunday ~ We're trying to have those Taco Bowls again. . .for some reason, I never make then when I plan them. . .We always end up going out to eat.

5 comments:

Barb said...

I'm a big slow cooker fan as well. Great menu ideas!

Unknown said...

I'm a fan of the slow cooker! It's a busy person great friend.

Shan said...

Yum, your meals look fantastic.

Mom24 said...

I love slow cooker recipes...sorry for your mishap. My hubby's learned it's probably better if he doesn't help!

Garden Girl said...

Yummy, yummy! I'm going to have to try those short ribs!