Sunday, October 5, 2008

Menu Plan Monday



Another week gone by, a very busy week at that. Stonewall had his first school field-trip. His class went to Ci Ci's Pizza for lunch, then went to see the Beverly Hills Chiuaua Movie. He was really excited for this field-trip, and looking forward to it all week. On the way home, they had a blowout (on a bridge), and as their teacher pulled over to the side, trying to get off the bridge, Stonewall started yelling,"We're going to die. . .We're going to fall off the bridge" and ended up getting all the kids worked up. . .(His teacher didn't think it was as funny as I did when she told me.)

While Stonewall was having fun on his field-trip, Skywalker and I enjoyed a Mommy-Son day together. He requested going to the park and swinging, so we started there. He played on the swings, slides, and fort thingy, until we got too hot. Then, he decided he wanted Chick-fil-a for lunch, so we drove out to Mobile for lunch. We also went to target and looked at all the toys (but didn't buy any, and he didn't even whine about it!)

Then, Saturday, was Stonewall's first Soccer Game! They had so much fun. We lost the game, 2-1, but they were so funny out there on the field. We had one little boy who didn't want ot play at all, he cried everytime it was his turn to play. The first quarter of the game, our team just stood around, watching the other team dribble the ball, and they got their first goal right away. The other team seemed to "get it", while our boys and girls just weren't quite sure what to do. Stonewall did almost score a goal, though. He dribbled it all the way to the goal and kicked it, but the ball went about 6 inches outside the goal. He was still excited! Unfortunately, I get the bad mommy of the year award, though, since I forgot my camera. I know, I know, I can't believe I forgot it either. . .we got a couple of good pics on our phones, but I don't know how to transfer those. Oh well.

Since it's Menu Plan Monday, let me give you last week's verdict: Do NOT try the Crockpot Unstuffed Cabbage! It was gross and wrong! YUCK, YUCK, YUCK! However, the rest of the week was totally delicious. Rev was really sick this week, so Thursday, one of the sweet ladies from Church brough over some "Jewish Pennicillin" (ie: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup) I hadn't ever heard this before, but that's what she called it. It was delicious, and I didn't have to cook! So, We pushed the menu back a night, and skipped Saturday's Pork tenderloin, which is why you'll see it again this week.

And, in case this is your first time reading my blog, I am following the low GI diet, based off the book "Living the GI diet" by Rick Gallop. These past 2 weeks, I have only been halfheartedly following the plan (in other words, I've been snacking on non-low GI foods) so though I haven;'t gained any weight back, I haven't lost any either. I've got 4 pounds to my goal, and am giving it a concerted effort this week to stick to the plan. The problem has been Rev t7a-empting me with freshly baked cookies at night, and such. But, I know I can lose 4 more pounds, and I'm just going to do it!

You probably have noticed quite a few crockpot recipes. I tend to plan these for my work days. You see, as an RN, I work 12 hour shifts, 7a-7:30p. . .by the time I drive home, It is WAY too late to cook supper. We had gotten into a bad habit of eating fast food on the nights I worked, and that was part of my weight problem. To avoid that, I now try to plan crockpot meals for my work days. I can set it before I leave in the morning, and it's ready for Rev at supper time. (so, if you have any healthy crockpot recipes, send them my way!

Monday ~ Crockpot Applesauce Chicken, Green Salad, Snow Peas

Tuesday ~ Crockpot Spicy Black Beans , Smoked Sausage, Brown Rice, Salad

Wednesday ~ Quesadillas from left over chicken (last week) and black beans with Whole Wheat Tortillas, and Salad

Thursday ~ Skywalker's 3rd Birthday!!!!! Pecan Crusted Tilapia, zucchini and tomatoes

Friday ~ Pizza night - I really want to try Papa Johns new Whole Wheat Crust!

Saturday ~ Grainy Mustard & Chive crusted pork tenderloin, left over ww cous cous, steamed green beans

Sunday ~ Crockpot Southwestern Chicken, whole wheat tortillas, salad

Bon Appetite!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You have a great menu! Check my blog after next Saturday for a report on the Live Dave Ramsey event!

Mandi said...

Those black beans look yummy. I think my family would love them.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great week!