Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tasty Tuesdays

A friend from an online forum that I frequent is hosting something called "Tasty Tuesdays" on her blog, Cheaper by the (Half) Dozen, so I though I would join in.


Ok, so I made the Asian Pork Tenderloin tonight for supper, and it was NOT a hit. I really didn't like the flavor of the sesame oil, and it didn't really taste "Asian" to me at all. So, since it was a flop for us, I've decided to share my no-fail pork tenderloin recipe. (We also LOVE the Grainy Mustard and Chive crusted Pork Tenderloin recipe, but I'll blog on that on another time.)

Marinated Pork Tenderloin:
1/3 cup canola oil
1 packet dry onion soup mix
5 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1 pork tenderloin

Mix oil, soup mix, and worchestershire sauce in a gallon-sized ziplock bag, and shake to combine. Then add pork tenderloin to the bag and seal. Place in the fridge and marinate for 2-4 hours.
When time to cook, Preheat oven to 375. Place large sheet of foil onto cookie sheet. Remove Bag from fridge, and place pork in center of foil, pouring remainder of marinade over tenderloin. Bring up long sides of foil, folding over twice at top, then fold in ends, forming a foil packet. Bake for 30-40 minutes, depending on size of tenderloin, until no pink is left in center.
Remove from oven, and open foil packet to vent. Allow to sit about 5 min, then remove to cutting board. Allow to sit for additional 5 min, then slice and serve.

I have NEVER had a pork tenderloin cooked this way turn out badly. . .it is just so good! I hope you enjoy this!

Also, we absolutely hated the barbequed chicken and cornbread crockpot dish that I tried last night. . .It was just weird. So, For next week, we'll probably have some tried and true recipes instead of all the new ones I've been trying out lately.

2 comments:

Judy Hoch said...

This sounds absolutely wonderful--and something that I could manage to get on the table even with homeschooling! Thanks for sharing!

Judy Hoch said...

Just wanted to let you know that 6blessings4us is actually ME--teach6athome! :)